Saturday 21 October 2017

Audiobook Review: Dark Hunt by Grace Hamilton!


  • In the post-apocalyptic aftermath, Megan Wolford is settling in with her makeshift family at the safe haven of their lodge, but she remains wary of trusting others. Despite her growing feelings for Wyatt Morris, the leader of the group, she still feels most secure on her own. But when she becomes separated from her beloved daughter Caitlin in a storm, Megan is in danger of losing the one thing keeping her fighting to stay alive. Injured and desperate, she must fight every instinct within her to rely on the others for help when they find evidence that Caitlin has been kidnapped. Wyatt is determined to do everything he can to bring her home, and he organizes a search party to visit a set of old adversaries in the guise of traders to try and find the missing girl - but Megan would rather take matters into her own hands. With Megan setting off alone to face unknown enemies, she is more vulnerable than ever. When a mysterious stranger known as the Green Woman appears to be a lead in finding Caitlin, she'll have to track her down. Can she put aside her stubborn need for independence and accept help from her newfound community before it's too late?

My Thoughts: 

I enjoyed the first book but thought things were a little too easy for Megan, but I still decided to give book 2 a go to see if the series would redeem itself. Well, it did a bit. This one was more tense and action packed, but I still felt... I don't know, everything was, again, still too easy. 

Plot wise, it's a lot more fast paced than book 1. Megan and Caitlin decide to go out hunting, but a storm comes in and they fall down a cliff. Megan loses consciousness and when she awakes she realises she can't see Caitlin. She's hurt too so searching for her is hard. Meanwhile Wyatt feels like something is wrong and goes in search of Megan. They find her badly hurt but can't find Caitlin. Taking Megan home, Wyatt knows he will have to do everything in his power to bring Caitlin back!  

As I said, the plot was faster, but there were a few things I didn't like. One of which is a spoiler so I'm not going to talk about (Caitlin). Another thing is the fact that I disliked Megan in this!! She acted like a spoiled little so and so. I know she is out of her mind with worry but why would you treat Wyatt like that?? God forbid but if something were to happen like that to any of my boys, I'd be frantic and out of my mind, but I'd also know that people can only do their best, and Wyatt was going above and beyond for her, yet she blanked him. Her decisions left a lot to be desired!!

Wyatt was and is awesome. He does what he can for the people he loves!! I would love to see a bit more of him in the books. The rest of the family are great too. We get to see some more new characters too.

In all, a good story. I really hope the author realises that not everything would come  easy during the apocalypse. I have yet to see them really struggle, which, unless you were a prepper, would be impossible. Though I reckon even being a prepper you would still struggle some. 

Andrew Tell was clear and easy to listen to. He has plenty of tones and voices and read this well. 

I was voluntarily provided this audiobook for free from the author, narrator, or publisher. This in no way affected nor influenced my thoughts.

Story: 

Narration: 

No comments:

Post a Comment