Wednesday 17 May 2017

Audiobook Review: One Man's Opus by Boyd Craven III!


    One Man's Opus Audiobook
  • Written by: Boyd Craven III
  • Narrated by: Kevin Pierce
  • Length: 6 hrs and 14 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:04-26-17
  • Publisher: Boyd Craven III
  • Man's best friend.Rick is like many Americans. He's concerned with what he sees on the news, and how the country seems to be ready to tear itself apart. His biggest concern has been civil unrest. Already an avid camper, he sets out to secure his future, and career, by finding his own Eden.Tina is a small-business owner and knows what she wants in life. She and her furry companion find themselves at gunpoint when Rick walks back into her world and forever changes the dynamic between them.One dog, who's been the savior, protector, and companion...Opus. The owner of two humans that mostly understand him. Mostly.When the police walk into an ambush, a series of events forces the couple to bug out. The problem with having to leave for a small town, at a remote location, is it really isn't a secret. Small towns bring their own problems with crime, and power plays. Everybody knows everybody, and the gossip mill runs as fast as lightning.Will the trio be as prepared as they need to be?

My Thoughts: 

I have to say that I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed this! It was different to what I thought it would be, but a good different. This focuses on Rick, an author who has made it big in the world of Paranormal Romance and is able to live off his sales. He is happy to be a loner and loves nothing better than to go camping by himself and only coming back to reality when he has to check email or send off his newest books! He knows that being prepared is important, but with riots happening near where he lives, he stumbles upon a prepper site that piques his interest. What follows is his journey into being prepared, just in case! 

This isn't a post apocalyptic book, it's simply a book showing Rick's life and why he got into prepping. It's the everyday story of one man's journey and how he goes about starting to stock up. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and getting to know Rick. I loved seeing him open up to Tina and figure out what he wanted from their relationship. I also enjoyed learning a few bits from him!! 

I have to say that I absolutely loved Opus!! He is definitely the star of the show and stole my heart. I have always wanted a German Shepherd but we have 2 terriers and they are more than enough to handle!! But reading about Opus and his training just makes me want one more. You can see that the author loves dogs :) 

In all, this was such an easy to listen to, and relatable read. It makes for a nice change of pace from all the post apoc fiction out there!! The characters make the book and I really hope we see more from them!

What can I say about Kevin Pierce, that I haven't already. His performance is flawless and he is easy to listen. He knows how to preform these kind of books and always does it well. 

I was voluntarily provided this audiobook for free from the author, narrator, or publisher. This in no way affected nor influenced my thoughts.

Story: 

Narration: 


No comments:

Post a Comment