- Narrated by:
- Length: 6 hrs and 48 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:02-17-17
- Publisher: ScareStreet.com
- Shane, Frank, and Mason, three ghostblasting military vets, have a new job - the gruesome ghosts of Kurkow Prison. When one of the clueless new owners cuts the iron chains that keep the deadly ghosts locked inside the prison, the property becomes hell on earth! Shane and his brothers-in-arms can't believe the inherent stupidity of the new owners. Fools, Pete, and Ollie, forge ahead, ignoring Shane's warnings, and unleash a spectral horde on Gaiman, New Hampshire!
- Taking over the town, the undead kill everyone in sight. Shane and his comrades wonder why the ghosts are focused on Mulberry Street. As the battle rages on, the three men discover the town is covered in a shroud of secrecy, upheld even by the local cops.
- Hoping to stop an Armageddon, Shane, Frank, and Mason wage war against time, a winter freeze, and vengeful ghosts. It'll take all their combined battle skills, supernatural experience, and the courage to be as savage as their unholy enemies to save the few brave survivors waiting on a savior. As the truth about Mulberry Street unravels, Shane and crew unearth the deepest secret...which lies very, very close to home!
This was without a doubt, the best in the series so far!! Again, I loved the setting and it was much scarier and creepier than the last few.
So this one takes place in Gaiman, New Hampshire. Shane, Frank and Mason are called in to help the town after the new owners of the abandoned Kurkow Prison, unwittingly release a horde of angry and vengeful ghosts on the town. Well, Shane did warn them not to but Pete and Ollie didn't listen, now the town and it's residents are under attack and Shane has to figure out a way to get the ghosts back to Kurkow Prison and under lock and key again, whilst trying to find out what happened and battling a storm at the same time.
This series just keeps going from strength to strength! Ron Ripley has upped his game with this one and given us one hell of a ride. Poor Shane has so much to deal with and thinks the job he initially takes will be easy, but it's not. There is so many secrets and lies that it will take Shane, Frank and Mason and their combined abilities to get out of this alive. The plot was fast paced, creepy, bloody and addicting and I loved it!!! Also, I don't want to say too much but I'm intrigued to see what will happen to Courtney!!
In all, a brilliant addition to a equally brilliant series. I love these characters and have loved each of the settings of the books, I can't wait to see where else these characters will go. Bring on the next one ;)
I don't think I can see anyone else reading these stories as Thom Bowers has it down. He knows how to tell these books to make them creepier and come alive. I definitely need to see if he narrates any other books.
I was voluntarily provided this free copy by the author, narrator, or publisher. This in no way affected nor influenced my thoughts.