- Narrated by:
- Length: 7 hrs and 16 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:01-12-17
- Publisher: Jake Bible Fiction
- Purchase: Audible Audiobooks.com
- There are thousands of bounty hunters across the galaxy. Solid professionals that take jobs based on the credits the bounties afford. They follow the letter of the law so they can maximize those credits.
- Licensed, bonded, legal.
- Then there's Roak.
- Deadly, unstoppable, invisible.
- No criminal or military records. No files or folders with his name on them. No cybernetic implants to track. No proof he even exists except for a reputation for getting the job done. Roak is the bounty hunter called when someone is looking for the opposite of licensed, bonded, legal.
- Now someone has ignored his reputation and made a very big mistake.
- Double-crossed and left to die, Roak survives and sets out to exact vengeance and get paid what he is owed.
- But he's not unreasonable.
- While his fee may have just gone up, the bloody, brutal revenge is on the house.
Well, what a ride!! I honestly didn't know what to expect going into this because I didn't read any review before listening. What I didn't expect was to devour this and absolutely adore it. It was fun, action packed and unstoppable.
Roak was such an amazing character. Truly a bad ass with a heart of gold (well a little bit anyway). He is a bounty hunter, he will do what's needed to get the job done and get paid, but when his latest assignment is over, the man who hired him refuses to pay. Of course Roak can't have that, he did the job he was given so deserves to be paid, and what follows is one heck of a long, bloody battle to "Just pay me what you owe me".
I loved Roak's character. You don't really get a sense of who he is till you are knee deep in the story. At the start he comes across as a cocky, no nonsense, deadly man, but eventually you get to see who he really is, and it just made me like him more. He is cocky, brass and bold, but he is also honest, thoughtful and kind. He just want's to do his job and get paid, but double cross him and it's about to get real!!!
In all, this was an amazing read. Brilliantly written and executed, with characters that you can't help but love and an adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat, it's a must read!! I really hope we see more from Roak.
Andrew B. Wehrlen did a good job with the narration, he read the story well and was clear and concise. I just feel like he didn't have a lot of different tones for some of the characters, and there were some accents that were hard to listen to!
*I received a free copy of this but voluntarily reviewed it. This in no way affected nor influenced my thoughts.*