Monday 16 May 2016

Brood X by Michael Philip Cash Review!

17838701Title: Brood X
Author: Michael Philip Cash
Pages: 309
Publisher: Red Feather Publishing 
Published: April 16th 2013
Source: Netgalley

Seth is laid off from work. His wife Lara just found out they are expecting a baby this summer. Seth plans on documenting the entire pregnancy with his brand new digital camcorder. 
During an evening home watching television, the news reports that a swarm of cicada (Brood Ten) are expected to overwhelm the entire Northeast. 
Brood Ten is vicious and ready to invade. 
During a sweltering summer night, Brood Ten emerges and wreaks havoc with the electric grid, phone and cell service, wi-fi, food and water supply. Civilization as they know it is gone. 
Seth and Lara are thrown back to the stone age in their own home with trillions of cicada trying to deposit their eggs and breed. 
Fast paced and filled with tension, Brood Ten is the perfect summer read when you’re sitting outside listening to the cicadas sing.

My Thoughts:

This has been sitting on my kindle for a little while and on a whim I opened it and started reading, well, once I started I couldn't stop!! 

There's not much I can say about the plot without spoiling it, so all I'll say is that it's fast paced, intense, at times gory but overall, it's quite chilling!! Thinking of not hundreds, not thousands, but trillions of big ass flying bugs landing everywhere and attacking trying to lay eggs gave me the heebee geebees!!! My worst nightmare brought to life. 

Character wise, now I'll admit that at the start Seth annoyed me!! He was just so... I don't know, but if he was my boyfriend, I think I'd like to shake him and tell him to grow up and stop behaving like a teen!! I know that it's hard to imagine the scale of the invasion but with everyone else preparing, just in case, you'd think now that his wife is pregnant, he would of prepared too. I just didn't like the way he was so flippant about everything. 

Anyway, this was such a great read! I could really see this as a movie and hope it does become one. The author really knows how to grab his audience and he creates a story that will stay with you long after you have finished! I never want to see a bug again, *shudder*!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment