Sunday 1 May 2016

Audiobook Review: Anywhere but Here by Jason D Marrow.


    Anywhere but Here Audiobook
  • Written by: Jason D. Morrow
  • Narrated by: Sophie Amoss
  • Length: 7 hrs and 36 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:12-18-15
  • Publisher: Jason D. Morrow
  • What if you could see the future with a single touch? What if that touch revealed someone's death, and that person was someone you loved? Would you do everything you could to change it?In a post-apocalyptic world, where danger roams in many forms, 17-year-old Waverly seeks protection in the town of Crestwood after her boyfriend is ruthlessly killed by lawless raiders. But what she finds is a place wrought with mystery, shady dealings, and more instability than she anticipates.
  • My Thoughts: 
  • Flesh eating Greyskins walk the earth and all Waverly and Remi want is safety. But before they get there, they have to not only deal with Greyskins, but also humans, which is worse though?? 

    At first, I struggled to get into this, because the story felt disjointed. It wasn't till I was a ways in that I realised it was being told from 2 different peoples POV! Then it fell into place. The audio never specified who was talking and both characters were similar which is why I had a hard time realising who was talking! That's why it's a 4 star instead of a 5 star review, because other than this, I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

    The plot was relatively fast paced and entertaining. It held my attention throughout and I loved that the author added in an extra something to the Zombie apocalypse. I loved the powers the people had!! 

    In all, this was a great read that could have been brilliant if the characters were expanded more. Despite that niggle, this is a unique and captivating read and I'm really looking forward to the next one. 

    Sophie Amoss did a good job with this, though the main problem I had with her was that she didn't give Waverly and Remi distinct enough voices to not be confused. If they were more distinct, then I think I would of enjoyed it more. 

    *I received a copy of this for review. This in no way affected my thoughts.*

No comments:

Post a Comment