- Narrated by:
- Length: 6 hrs and 44 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:08-07-14
- Publisher: Nikki Jefford
- Purchase: Amazon/ Book Depository
Her blood is toxic to vampires.If there is one thing eighteen-year-old Aurora Sky wants, it's to get off the iceberg she calls home. Being kissed before she graduates wouldn't hurt either.My Thoughts:
Then a near-fatal car wreck changes everything. Government agents step in and save Aurora's life in exchange for her services as a vampire hunter in Alaska. Basically she's a glorified chew toy. All thanks to her rare blood type, which sends a vampire into temporary paralysis right before she has to finish the job - by hand.
Now Aurora's only friends are groupies of the undead and the only boy she can think about may very well be a vampire.
(Mature YA/New Adult. Contains mild language, violence, sexual situations...and blood sucking.)
- An entertaining and engaging read.
- First things first, I have to say that I loved the twist the author put on the Vampire Hunter!! I loved that it's her blood that is toxic and she isn't a "special" girl. I grew tired of the "girl wakes up only to realise that she is "special" story", so this was a refreshing change! Not only that, but it was the government who "made" her! She basically died, but because she had a certain blood type the government were able to inject her with vampire blood to reawaken her. To stop her from becoming a true vampire, she has to take an antidote and to receive that she has to comply with the government! So she is in a catch 22 situation. See, a unique and interesting take on an old myth.
- Now onto Aurora. I loved her character. She is a typical smart girl, she is considered a goody two shoes by a lot of people, that is until she nearly dies, and then learns the truth of what she is and what she will have to do. She then becomes a kick ass, take no names, kind of gal, but not without a lot of work!! She was sassy, brave and yet her goodness shone through too. My heart broke for her and what she was feeling!
- Then we have Fane. A gorgeous mysterious guy that would never normally give Aurora the time of day. But when she starts rebelling, he notices her and is drawn to her. But of course, he isn't all he seems either!! What will she do when she realises who he is??
- I think my favourite character though was Dante! Auroras partner in crime. He was handsome, witty and I was secretly rooting for him and Aurora ;) But who she ends up with is something you have to find out for yourself!!! ;)
- The setting was another major plus! How many vampire books have you read that are set in Alaska!!! The descriptive writing was amazing and I could picture the cold!
- So anyway, I think you can tell that I enjoyed this!! Lol. From it's unique and intriguing plot, to it's lovable characters, Aurora Sky is a must read!! It's a fast paced and engrossing read and one that will leave you reeling. This is the type of book that once you start, you won't stop!! The author has created a world I didn't want to leave!!
- I listened to the audio and had it finished within a day! I just had to keep listening to see what happened next. The narrator, Em, did an amazing job of breathing life into this story. Her rendition of Aurora was flawless. She captured her personality perfectly. I really can't wait to listen to the next edition of the series because it promises to be epic!