- Narrated by:
- Length: 14 hrs and 19 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook Release Date:12-17-14
- Publisher: Christopher T Fox
- Purchase : Amazon/ Audible
- WARNING: May Contain Werewolves.
A pyramid predating all known cultures appears without warning. Its discovery throws into question everything we know about the origins of mankind.
Inside lies incredible technology, proof of a culture far more advanced than our own. Something dark lurks within, eager to resume a war as old as mankind. When it is unleashed it heralds the end of our species’ reign.
A plague of werewolves spreads across the world. A sunspot larger than anything in recorded history begins to grow. Yet both pale in comparison to the true threat, the evil the werewolves were created to fight.
- My Thoughts :
- When a pyramid suddenly appears a team of scientists thinks that it is the discovery of their life. This pyramid predates any other things every unearthed on earth and they have no idea where it came from. What they don't know is that with the pyramid comes something that they think is legend. But it also heralds the end of the world. They need to figure things out before things are too late.
- While looking through Audible, I came across this book and had to add it to my list. I love werewolves and this sounded awesome. I'm so glad I got a chance to listen to this because it was so so good.
- Character wise, there are many but all of them have a central role to play. They are well written and developed but I think my favourite was Blair. He is only a teacher but is drawn into the action because he is the best at his job. He is the one that can translate the hieroglyphics but his life is changed because of it!
- Plot wise, I loved everything about it. I loved the lore and history behind the pyramid. It was fascinating! I loved finding out about the werewolves and why they were created. I loved the scientific and military aspect of the story. The werewolves are spreading like a plague but there is a reason why and the twist the author put on it was amazing!!
- What else can I say without spoiling something other than this book was amazing. Its a complex and gripping read and one I know I'll listen to again! It's well written and hard to believe that it's the authors first book! He put so much into the story and it shows. It's action packed and with plenty of twists to keep every one reading. This is quite a long book but I flew through it! I loved everything about it and highly recommend.
- There is quite a cliffhanger ending and I normally hate cliffhangers, but the authors note at the end was a good addition and took the edge off. I had to laugh a little at the ending though because the characters quip was so funny!!
- Anyway, I loved No Such Things as Werewolves and would highly recommend the audio. The narrator did a great job of voicing the characters and the wolves. His voice was easy to listen to and follow. I'm so glad I listened to it because while reading it I could imagine it as a movie playing out. It was so good and I can not wait for book 2 to see what happens!!!